Friday, September 18, 2015

Inspiration

When it comes to who inspires me, the list goes on and on. My family inspires me to be a better person, my boyfriend inspires me to be more loving and considerate, and Björk, musician and artist inspires me to be more creative. As far as design goes, wow, the options are endless. So to keep things short, I am currently inspired by Alex Kirzhner, like I mentioned previously. He moves through photography, illustration, and typography with such an equal amount of fluidity. I believe I can find inspiration in everything. I am an over-thinker which most of the times works against me but in this case, it helps. I find a lot of my inspiration in music. My freshman year of college I went through a phase where I would put headphones on and listened to music that had no lyrics. I would draw what the sounds looked like to me. That's the beauty in art. It allows you to cross your senses together. I can't see sounds but I know what they look like. That probably sounds really weird. I am definitely the most creative in the morning before the sun wakes up. This is new to me because my best ideas used to come at 4 AM. I think design is so much more than visual communication now. Although most of it is trying to say something, there are many times people design just for the aesthetics and that's okay! A piece can be visually stunning and have absolutely no meaning behind it. I think that's part of what makes design so much more flexible now. Here are the pieces that inspire me right now:










No comments:

Post a Comment